Hertfordshire police would not confirm his identity, but the force said in a statement: “At 10.40am today [Monday 18 July] police were called to Langley Road, Watford, following the concerns for the welfare of a man who lives at an address on the street. Upon police and ambulance arrival at a property, the body of a man was found. The man was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after.
"The death is currently being treated as unexplained, but not thought to be suspicious. Police investigations into this incident are ongoing."
Speaking to another Guardian journalist last week, Hoare repeatedly expressed the hope that the hacking scandal would lead to journalism in general being cleaned up and said he had decided to blow the whistle on the activities of some of his former News of the World colleagues with that aim in mind.
- lovedonnielle reblogged this from ericmortensen
- katipeaking likes this
- ytirucespkimer likes this
- herdivineshadow reblogged this from nedhepburn and added:
- silas216 likes this
- handbagsclothing likes this
- octobriana reblogged this from geekvariety and added:
- ericmortensen posted this